Saturday, August 19, 2006

Since I have four kiddos, I have been forced to enter the world of pre-made gluten free foods and mixes. I wanted to give you a top ten from a lady who has wasted more money on GF wonderfoods (or at least they said that on the package) than you can imagine so maybe you won't have to.

1. Tinkyada Rice Pasta: replaces pasta in all your recipes, and actually keeps its shape (which is more than I can say for other GF pastas). Even gluten eaters won't know the difference (I say this from experience). They make all shapes from elbow mac to lasagna noodles.

2. Amy's Organic frozen food: They even make a GF mac and cheese! And her other stuff is yummy too.

3. Mi-del GF Mini Chocolate Chip Cookies: Once again, even fools the gluten eaters in the family, thumbs up.

4. Enviro-kids Organics Cereals: We always have these at home. They make three varieties that are GF and kid friendly.

5. Strech Island Fruit Leather: Great take it with you snack... And lasts longer in the diaper bag than a piece of fresh fruit, haha.

6. Pamela's Products Chocolate Brownie Mix: Very yummy and easy to make, I like it the best of all the mixes I have tried so far.

7. Bob's Red Mill Homemade Wonderful GF Bread: This mix has been saving my behind since I have a hard time making GF bread (well, who doesn't). Turns out well in the breadmaker and works for sandwiches.

8. Enviro-kids cereal bars: See #5, same idea;)

9. Ken's Steakhouse Buttermilk Ranch Dressing: Because if you can dip it in ranch, a kid will eat it.

10. Coco Krispies: This is the only GF cereal I can find reliably almost everywhere. Yeah. Full of sugar, but better than trying to force a choice other than cereal (because you know how agreeable a four year old is in the AM).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved what you wrote here. Keep it up.
check out what I wrote about great moms on my blog. You're gonna love it.
My blog:
rowan-amman.blogspot.com